Saturday, July 01, 2006

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

21 Jun 2006 by Kevin
My first words in my journal. I should note the title of this journal was 'A Meek Journal' and was primarily based on Psalms 37:11 regarding the fact the meek shall eventually inherit the earth.
I changed the title to Kevin's Journal.
I should note that while this is not a religious writer's journal, I do believe in the great wisdom of that bible passage. Just a note.

Today I visited a beautiful church today with my father, Tom Plunkett, on his suggestion; Bryn Athen New Church cathedral in Bryn Athyn, Pennsylvania. It is a majestic Swedenborgian church, a branch of Christianity I was familiar with a bit really only through the work of poets William Blake and William Butler Yeats and some of the music of Van Morrison. We drove out in the morning, a beautiful warm first day of summer '06, and did a walking tour first through the calm, beautiful cool interioir of the church, made of stone and wood from throughout the country including granite taken from a quarry just about a mile away in Pennypack Park, and then we walked across the church grounds. We were both both charmed both by the unusual beauty of the church and a group of attractive young woman groundskeeping and planting flowers who were truth be said diverting. A unique, very intriguing church. Afterwards we ate corn beef sandwhiches at a sit down deli named Murray's just a few miles away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home